We can all agree that being in love is a great feeling. So is receiving a call from a loved one when you are feeling low or a text when you are having a bad day at work.
But you never know when these texts, calls or voicemails could start haunting you or give you cold feet. Yes, it happens when you have an over–possessive girlfriend. She might be in love with you, she might care for you, and make your heart go flutter but when she gets all possessive, things kind of get out of hands.
Here is a checklist to find out whether your girlfriend is being a little too possessive or not!
1. Her friends know everything about your relationship – So there is no privacy but if she ever finds out that you have shared anything about the relationship with your friends, she is definitely going to go bonkers
2. She gets hysterical when you don’t receive her calls – Whether you are in the middle of a meeting, or in the metro or even taking a dump.
3. PDA(Public Display of Affection) – While most guys love it, there may be some who don’t. However, an over-possessive girlfriend will be all over you, whether you like it or not. She would insist on holding hands in a mall, kissing at a restaurant or smothering you on the dance floor.
4. Bye bye to your other ‘girl’ friends – Having a girl who is your friend is completely out of bounds. Your girlfriend doesn’t like you talking to other girls, let alone be friends with them.
5. Texting back at supersonic speed – In an average, a person responds to a text message in 5–10 minutes. But if you have an over-possessive girlfriend, that time becomes 5-10 seconds. The blue tick in the WhatsApp doesn’t help. In fact, maybe it was designed by a girlfriend!
6. There is nothing called ME-time anymore – She wants to be with you all the time and everywhere. There is no escape from her or her love!
7. There is no better detective than a jealous woman – If she is suspicious about something, it will take her less than 1 minute to get into Sherlock Holmes mode. She might follow you, spy on you or sneak on you.
8. She wants to know everything – You have to divulge all the details to her, ALL THE TIME! She wants to be on first-name basis with your colleagues, know their phone numbers, their addresses, their photo identity cards; know where you are going and when will you be back
9. Your best friend will be her worst enemy – Her constant complaint will be how close you are to your best friend and how he is leeching on her time
If your girlfriend has one or two of these characteristics, then just excuse her for being a girl. But if she exhibits more than five of these, then Lord help you!! Run and run fast! But then it wouldn’t help because she already knows where you are going!!!